At Gateway Physiotherapy Center, your health and well-being is our top priority.
In light of the rapidly changing Covid-19 developments and as per the recommendations from the Government of Ontario, physiotherapy has been deemed an essential service for emergency services only. This will ensure continued social distancing to reduce the impact of Covid-19 in our community.
If you are calling to make a new appointment, a physiotherapist will be returning your call to see if your situation qualifies as an emergency.
For all our regular patients that have been rescheduled, we will continue to monitor the situation and if further social distancing is required, your physiotherapist will contact you again to move your appointment at a later date. Rest assured that we will continue to communicate with you and check in with you as we navigate this challenging situation.
We are offering TELEHEALTH services to all our existing patients and to any non-emergency assessments.
As rehabiliation professionals this has been a very difficult decision for us as we realize that many of you rely on us to help manage your pain and improve your quality of life.
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Gateway Physiotherapy Center, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Maintain social distancing and stay home as much as you can
- Self-isolate yourself for 14 days if you have recently returned to Canada from international destinations
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Gateway Physiotherapy Center, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Gateway Physiotherapy Center